Counter Espionage Course
“Far more secure talking over the garden fence than sending sensitive information via email”
Changing Your Security Outlook
High-profile espionage cases reported in the world press cover all business sectors, from sport and retail through to IT and telecommunications. This shows that espionage is on the rise, and this is largely due to the narrowing of profit margins and the emergence of new tech markets.
The course encompasses basic through to intermediate understanding of espionage technique, with an emphasis on countering such a threat. This is a perfect course for those who wish to extend their knowledge base and gain a better understanding of espionage, offering a more holistic approach to security and protection.
This course is ideal for:
- Security & Risk management professionals
- Close Protection Operatives
- Special project management
- Litigation professionals
- Company directors
- Bid teams
Aims of the course:
The Counter Espionage course aim is to ensure a good working knowledge of:
- Understanding the fundamental basics of espionage technique
- Understanding financial and economic implications
- Carrying out a basic espionage risk assessment
- Identifying risk & implementing sensitive project security procedures
The Counter Espionage course is based on our one-day lecture, discussing case histories and espionage, including the present laws within the UK that relate to espionage. More specific content includes:
- Espionage history & legal case history
- Basic espionage techniques
- Psychology & sociology
- Threats and risks (internal & external)
- Technology (risks & vulnerabilities)
- Social engineering & pretext
- Sensitive project security procedures
- Technical equipment, basic to advanced
- Technical Surveillance Counter Measures
This course is not heavy on technical content as it is more about the fundamental basics of espionage technique; it does not go in to the technicalities of radio frequencies or delve into IT security. These are very specialist subjects in their own right and far too advanced at a basic level.
Attendees will get the chance to get some hands on experience with the latest commercial eavesdropping devices, tracking devices and covert cameras, as well as taking an analytical look at what “spy” equipment and software is freely available on the internet today. This course also serves to give an understanding of Technical Surveillance Counter-Measures sweeps (TSCM) and the deployment of TSCM equipment.
Note: If you wish to make a group booking, our Counter Espionage course can be tailored to suit your industry and industry specific threats.
We ask all attendees to submit a full CV with an in-date Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Intelligent Training International Limited reserves the right to carry out due diligence on all attendees of this course. We further reserve the right to withdraw places to individuals who appear to be carrying out this course for the wrong reasons.